Corporate Emotional Intelligence
Over the last two decades, the concept of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) has come to the forefront in efforts to understand what makes some people in the workplace more affective and successful than others. Research conducted on the concept of EQ further elucidates the importance of EQ, often even over traditional IQ, in overall work success and leadership qualities. For example, according to research conducted by Harvard University, the Carnegie Foundation, and the Stanford Research Institute, technical skills account for less than 15% of one’s value in obtaining, keeping, or advancing in a job. More than 85% of job success is based on personal conduct and the ability to put others at ease, key cornerstones of EQ. While technical skills and IQ are certainly important as baseline entry qualities for workers, it is EQ that sets some apart from the rest.
John D. Mayer defines EQ in the Harvard Business Review as “the ability to accurately perceive your own and others’ emotions; to understand the signals that emotions send about relationships; and to manage your own and others’ emotions.” While these skills may seem obvious, some research has shown that only 36% of people are able to accurately identify their emotions as they happen. The workplace is rife with emotions and having advanced EQ skills is increasingly critical not only to personal workplace success but also overall organizational success.
At DRIVEN we take core EQ skills and put them within the corporate context, providing interactive and hands-on training in Corporate Emotional Intelligence. Our focus is on enhancing Corporate EQ through real-life workplace situations and scenarios where participants can explore the many complex situations and emotions that arise at work, particularly the corporate work environment. We couple this hands-on, interactive element with the cutting edge science behind how our minds process emotions and challenging situations. Participants leave the training with newfound insights into Corporate Emotional Intelligence, a better understanding of their own emotions, and tools and techniques to enhance their EQ muscles to make a lasting impact on work performance and leadership development.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
DRIVEN is committed to providing the most value to your organization. We aim to maximize your employees’ time and energy by tailoring our programs to your specific organizational needs. Emotional Intelligence training can be introduced and explored through a variety of options, including:
- Two and three-hour seminars
- A three-part series training
- Full-day workshops
In any of the above programs, participants will:
- Learn the brain science of emotions that drive behavior at work and when under pressure
- Increase awareness of the situations that put you at risk of having your emotions lead to unskillful behavior and poor decisions
- Learn practical strategies to help you respond more skillfully as pressure, tension and complexity increase
- Identify patterns, triggers and emotional habits that either drive or derail your performance
- Learn to suspend judgment to effectively engage and influence others (aka: becoming more curious and less certain)
- Practice techniques through interactive exercises and develop an action plan to put those strategies into practice
Once you’ve determined the best option for your organization, your time allotment and your budget, DRIVEN will provide you with fully-detailed outline overviews of your curriculum.